|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
APHRC is a leading pan-African research institution headquartered in Nairobi, Kenya, that conducts high quality policy-relevant research on population, health, education, urbanization and related development issues across Africa. APHRC actively engages policymakers and other key stakeholders to achieve measurable policy impacts and ensure decision making across the continent is informed by rigorous evidence-based research.
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit organization that carries out high quality and policy-relevant research on population, health, education and development issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
- Support the Payables Accountant in ensuring efficient, timely and accurate recording and payment processing in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Assist in developing and maintaining an effective filing, archiving and record keeping system- both paper and electronic.
- Assist in bank reconciliation and verification of the vendor balances in the system.
- Assist in the organization and preparation of biweekly meetings which includes preparation of biweekly reports and taking of minutes.
- Assist in supporting annual audits by retrieving the sampled documents.
- Assist in ensuring proper documentation of payment vouchers and all other supporting documents.
- Assist in the thorough review and verification of all transactions at point of entry by ensuring appropriate purchase order matching, credit terms and adherence to appropriate authorization and budget confirmation and clearance.
- Support in the effective running of daily financial activities of APHRC.
Qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field; should have graduated in the last six (6) months.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.