WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|February 14, 2023
Field Operations Assistant
PowWater is a mobile technology platform connecting high-quality water vendors with customers in Kenya (and soon to be East Africa & beyond) for a transparent, reliable, and high-quality water purchasing experience. Funded by Boost VC, Goodwater Capital, Blue Collective, and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
About the role
If you are passionate about empowering the world through sustainable safe drinking water, then read on! We are looking for a Field Operations Assistant to join our team and support PowWater by managing the day-to-day requirements in the field. The Field Operations Assistant will be responsible for ensuring that high-quality service is delivered. We are looking for someone who values compassion, transparency, challenges, and trust and is a high achiever because this position will entail full autonomy and reporting directly to the Operations Lead.
Location: In-person attendance for all Kenyan candidates at our office.
- Oversee orders to ensure that they are delivered on time and in a professional manner
- Proactively check status of fill sites and the status of water available
- Train drivers and conductors
- Manage drivers to ensure that they are following PowWater protocol
- Coordinate with the driver teams to ensure deliveries are done in the shortest time possible whilst maintaining a great overall customer experience
- Establish and maintain good rapport with customers by using positive language and anticipating their needs
- Use customer insight to propose new ideas on how to improve PowWater and recommend new products/services or make suggestions for improvements by identifying relevant features and benefits
- Maintain a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude toward customers at all times giving customers a remarkable experience worth talking about
- 1-3 years experience
- A self-starter, able to prioritize and manage multiple assignments, take the initiative, and work independently to a deadline.
- A hard worker who is flexible and eager. The promise of growth excites you.
- A high degree of proficiency working in a fast-paced, flexible, goal-oriented environment, with the highest level of personal and professional integrity
- Considerable knowledge of tools, methods, operations, and materials used in the utility maintenance department.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; experience working in high paced environment
- Considerable ability to climb ladders, and use tools and objects requiring manual dexterity
- Willingness to work long hours
- Must be able to work in areas with exposure to various environmental conditions such as dust, dirt, noise, disagreeable odors, and humidity
Required skills and competencies
- Determination and self-drive to achieve success
- The ability to work with a team, follow instructions, and great understanding of fill sites and the water industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area is desired but not required
- A well-versed communicator at all organizational levels, with strong oral and written skills; required fluency in English and Kiswahili
- Strong organization and time management skills, rigorous, analytic and details oriented, creative and innovative thinking
Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Please note, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted