|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
The idea of establishing the Great Lakes University of Kisumu originated in the Tropical Institute of Community Health and Development (TICH) in Africa, which spearheaded the application for authority to operate as a university. The establishment of TICH was inspired by a number of sources expressing the need for a formal course in Community Based Health Care leading to a recognized academic qualification. Such a course would be offered by an academic institution that could effectively weave together theoretical, evidence based and practical hands-on analytical skills training into development, conducted in learning sites located in the community, civil society, industry and public institutions. It was thought that an Institute with the freedom to innovate but linked to an established University would be the best base for such a training program.
- To develop, deliver and connect a spectrum of programs, events and opportunities including the Student Enterprise Fund, Graduate Entrepreneur, social enterprise, Entrepreneurship Awards, and embed enterprise-related opportunities within existing skills programs within the University
- Championing both student and staff enterprise engagement in various projects
- Developing support to students and alumni to launch new enterprises post-graduation.
- Developing projects to be supportive of SME activity in the local area and further particularly with an eye to securing funding to support these projects.
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with local SMEs in order to share knowledge and expertise between SMEs, students and staff of the University.
Qualification & Competencies Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Project management or any other relevant field.
- Master’s degree will be added advantage
- 3- 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a business development role and a track record of achievement in relationship development
- Experience of project management including strong organizational skills in a customer facing role and the ability to apply a high level of accuracy with attention to detail and excellent planning skills.
- A commitment to developing and providing high quality student development opportunities and ability to design and implement student development solutions for graduates
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience of report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to network and develop strong working relationships with employers, staff and students.
Applicants to send Cover letter, CV and testimonials indicating the position applied for to:
The Chairman of Governing Council
Great Lakes University of Kisumu
P.O Box 2224-40100
OR Send via mail to
Email subject line MUST read the position applied for. OR Hand drop to
Great Lakes University of Kisumu,
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Closing Date : 17th May, 2021