|Date Posted||May 13, 2021|
At Sidian Bank, we recognize the significant accountability and inherent risks that an entrepreneur takes to make his ideas and dreams a reality. It is for this reason that our mission is to empower entrepreneurs to create wealth through provision of transformational financial solutions that meet entrepreneurs needs and facilitate growth through convenience and choice.
Branch: Kilimani Branch – Head Office
Department: Credit Risk Management
Reports to: Senior Manager – Debt Recovery & Remedial Management
To closely monitor and collect from allocated monitoring portfolio (1-90 days i.e. Normal & Watch category) within all sectors of the Bank and strategizing for returning the accounts to performing status or and reducing slippages/attrition to NPL. In addition to this, the role-holder will undertake any other duty as assigned by the Manager – Credit Monitoring & Recoveries.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
To proactively identify delinquent accounts (1-90days) and promptly rectify the default to ensure minimal attrition to Non-performing Category
- Ensure cure rate (Arrears collections) of 95%(Minimum).
- Ensure roll rate (Attrition) of 5% maximum
- Ensure that demand letters as per the payment diary are generated and dispatched within 2-days and the respective telephone follow-ups made.
- Issue pre-listing notices when the facilities are 60 days in arrears
- Track and document early detection of problem accounts and ensure that they are escalated and acted upon as per Collections Strategy
- Strictly monitor payment arrangements to ensure compliance and escalate hardcore cases to the next level
- Promptly attend to customers’ requests and queries either through callbacks, faxing, or mailing requested document
- Provisions not to exceed set budget through proactive management of overdue facilities.
Implement Credit monitoring policies. i.e. exercise the enforcement process of recovering debts through constant calling, sending of SMS’s, demand letters & emails, issuance of notices, and ensure that no losses are incurred in terms of Credit Monitoring in conjunction with the Legal department
- Recommend to management problematic accounts
- Identify and recommend key learning lessons on lending decisions from accounts in PAR
- Identify and earmark accounts for write-off
- Identify accounts for early relegation to recovery
Skills, Competencies & Education Qualifications:
- University degree or above in a relevant business discipline e.g. business administration or finance.
- KCSE C+ with Maths – B and English – C+
- 3 years experience in banking operations, with sound exposure to credit or lending and Credit monitoring.
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding set targets
- Versatility, flexibility, passion, and commitment to quality service delivery
- Knowledge in legislation relating to the perfection of securities and requirements by regulating bodies.
- Good understanding of Sidian Bank Credit risk policy.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION REQUIRED:
- Professional Banking qualification (ACIB) or Credit Administration/Credit Monitoring will be an added advantage