|Date Posted||February 25, 2021|
Our client is a well-established international company in the engineering and construction industry, currently working on various infrastructure projects in the country. They seek to hire a well-experienced Draughtsman tasked with preparing drawings for their road construction projects.
- Produce drawings using computer assisted drafting systems (CAD) or drafting machines
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for structures, installations, and construction projects such as highways, sewage disposal systems, and dikes, working from sketches or notes.
- Draw maps, diagrams, and profiles, using cross-sections and surveys, to represent elevations, topographical contours, subsurface formations and structures.
- Correlate, interpret, and modify data obtained from topographical surveys, well logs, and geophysical prospecting reports.
- Finish and duplicate drawings and documentation packages, according to required mediums and specifications for reproduction, using blueprinting, photography, or other duplicating methods.
- Review rough sketches, drawings, specifications, and other engineering data received from civil engineers to ensure that they conform to design concepts.
- Supervise or conduct field surveys, inspections or technical investigations to obtain data required to revise construction drawings
- Explain drawings to production or construction teams and provide adjustments as necessary.
- Calculate weights, volumes, and stress factors and their implications for technical aspects of designs.
- Determine quality, cost, strength and quantity of required materials, and enter figures on materials lists.
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years as a Civil Draughtsman
- Hands on experience with AutoCad Civil 3D, Sierra Soft Land
- Familiarity with 3D modeling tools
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Draughtsman – Road Projects) to firstname.lastname@example.org on/before Friday 5th March 2021
N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.