Director Revenue (CPSB 03) (1 Post)
|Date Posted||May 23, 2023|
Job Ref: KCPSB/D/R/01/12/05/23
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Director of Revenue will be the Head of Revenue and report to the Chief Officer, Accounting Services, Revenue and Audit. An officer at this level will be based at the County Headquarters and will be responsible for the coordination of activities in the Revenue Mobilization Directorate. Specifically, he will be expected to perform the following duties and responsibilities: -
- Planning, organizing, directing, coordinating and controlling of the County revenue collection function.
- Implementation of County policies and regulations for revenue administrationDesign, formulation and implementation of Comprehensive, efficient and effective revenue management system.
- Development and implementation of County Revenue diversification plans and revenue growth.
- Implementation of county policies and regulations on revenue.
- Maintenance or records of all the revenue sources, rate and revenue collected.
- Projection of regular revenue trends for planning and decision making in the County.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must: -
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting/Finance option) or its equivalent qualification from a University recognized in Kenya.
- Be a holder of Part III CPA(K) of the Certified Public Accountants Examination administered by the Kenya Accountants and Secretaries National Examination Board or its accepted equivalent.
- Be able to demonstrate familiarity with public financial management, revenue and accounting systems.
- Have at least three (3) years post qualification experience, three (3) of which must be in a senior management position in a busy commercial or public financial accounting or treasury environment.
- Be conversant with various computerized financial management systems.
- Demonstrate good communication and analytical skills.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.
- Have a Certificate in Strategic Leadership Development Program (SLDP) lasting not less than six (6) Weeks from Kenya School of Government OR equivalent senior managerial training from a recognized institution.
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae,
- Academic and Professional certificates,
- PIN Certificate,
- National Identity Card or Passport and
- Any other supporting documents.
Clearly indicate the position applied for, both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Applications should be addressed to:
County Public Service Board
P O Box 260 - 10304
Hand delivered applications should be dropped at the County Headquarters 4TH floor, KUTUS (Office of County Public Service Board between 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on weekdays).
Applicants should seek clearance and attach copies or evidence thereof of the updated documents below.
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department (Certificate of Good Conduct)
- Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
- Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original identity cards, academic and professional certificates, testimonials, clearance and other relevant documents in support of their applications.
- Women and persons living with disabilities who meet the specified requirements are encouraged to apply.
- Salary and benefits attached to these posts are as per the guidelines by Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
- Prospective candidates are encouraged to visit our website:www.kirinyaga.go.ke for more details.