|Date Posted||August 11, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
Job title: Director-Nursing Service
Job Ref: TH/HRD/NUR/07/2021
Role Summary: Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the job holder will lead, manage, and coordinate the nursing services at the hospital.
1. Responsible for overall leadership of, and management of professional issues associated with all the nursing workforce and the services provided, including all relevant operational developmental and strategic matters.
2. Jointly with other members of the Hospital Management Committee, oversee the implementation of the Board policies and directives regarding nursing services.
3. Lead the effective management of nursing staff and ensure that they deliver effective, safe and high-quality care to patients.
4. Participate in the comprehensive strategic planning of the hospital and formulations of its policies and principles.
5. Produce official medical reports for patients as needed for legal or insurance purposes, as well as other approved purposes.
6. Participate in recruitment and maintaining of a quality stable nurses’ workforce to meet the level of nurses need in the Hospital.
7. Coordinate scheduling and staff assignments to ensure that sufficient but not excessive staff is available to meet the needs of the patients in a cost-effective manner.
8. Ensure that the nursing staff receives sufficient in-service education, training and development to meet their needs for self-development and maintain current certifications.
9. Develop, implement and administer nursing policies and procedures to ensure staff have appropriate guidelines that meet the various regulatory requirements.
10. Supervise nursing activities verifying that medications are given as ordered and appropriate documentation is maintained to meet physician needs and regulatory requirements.
11. Participate actively in interdepartmental meetings.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills
• A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or equivalent from a recognized institution. A post graduate qualification will be an added advantage.
• At least ten years’ experience as a lead in provision of Nursing services in a Hospital, with at least 3 years in top management.
• With practicing certificate/ license from Nursing Council of Kenya
• Sub-specialization in a health-related field will be an added advantage.
• Senior Management Course in a health-related field lasting not less than 6 weeks.
• Well versed with relevant legislations
• Ability to work on tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of professional standards in nursing
• Proven track record of clinical research and training in a reputable institution.
• Good judgment and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• A committed Christian
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Except for the position of Human Resource Manager, the Director level positions, will be engaged on a 5 [five] year contract renewable, subject to satisfactory appraisal and acceptable performance.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this challenging opportunity, please send your application (cover) letter with a detailed CV ONLY, stating your current position, current & expected remuneration level, daytime telephone contact number and the names, contact numbers and addresses of three professional referees directly to email@example.com on or before 17th August 2021.
Please do not send any other documents apart from those requested. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.