Director Food System and Sector Programmes
WARNING: Do not to pay any money to get a job. Please report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
|Date Posted||February 19, 2023|
- Master Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Agricultural Economics, Livestock Economics, or Development Economics from recognized institutions or their Equivalent. In addition, the qualification for this post must have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the agricultural food production discipline.
- Have undertaken Strategic Leadership Development Programme lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution.
- Five (5) years of which must be in a senior management position within the Public Service or Private Sector.
- Understand the diversity within the County
- Be visionary and strategic thinker
- Ability to interpret technical documents
- Knowledge of relevant legislations and such as, The Constitution of Kenya, The County Government Act 2012, Sustainable Development Goals, Milan Urban Food Policy Pact and National Food and Nutrition Security Policy
- Proficiency in computer software with certificate in computer applications from a recognized institution from a recognized institution,
- Leadership skills
- Communications kills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation skills
- Ability to build and lead cohesive teams
- Problem solving skills
- This position is responsible for directing, coordinating and implementing Nairobi City County food system and cross-sector programmes in the department, including food system appraisal, food security surveillance and monitoring and evaluation of cross-sector policies and programmes.
- Manages and supervises structured Nairobi City food system appraisal and food security surveillance
- Facilitate multi stakeholder dialogues, relationships and partnerships among public and private Food System actors and institutions.
- Promoting efforts to achieve the goal of sustainable city of Nairobi in the matter of food security through the sustainable urban food system;
- Manages and supervises technical, statistical, and/or analytical services on various food system related studies, projects, and/or assessments and provides technical backstopping to field projects;