|Date Posted||September 14, 2020|
REF NO. NHIF/DFS/002/20
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer. the successful candidate will establish. maintain and provide leadership on sound financial management to include budget. investments and liabilities.
LEADERSHIP AND ADVISORY
- Lead and develop a team of finance professionals within the finance directorate.
- Lead in the development and management of the ERP finance and accounting system
- Oversight general program activities inventory management. staff advances, cash and bank management.
- Provide technical advice to management and staff on financial compliance of statutory and legal requirements.
- Oversee the interpretation and implementation of government policies in accordance with the PFM Act
- Lead and coordinate tax returns to ensure compliances. information reporting and other statutory requirements and advise the CEO and the Board on effective strategies for minimizing tax liability:
- Interpret financial reports. statements. accounting records and advice the CEO on the significance of the same.
- Oversee timely preparation of annual work plans and budget estimates.
- Lead in presenting proposed budgets to the Board. Treasury Officials and Donor Agencies as appropriate.
FINANCIAL POLICIES AND SYSTEMS
- Develop and install effective financial management systems and procedures to improve financial reporting and accounting in collection of member contributions.
- Establish stringent expenditure control ensuring that budgetary allocations are not exceeded without justifiable cause:
- Develop and implement computerized financial information systems to include general ledger, job costing and fixed assets management register.
FINANCIAL MONITORING AND TRACKING
- Prepare financial statements and other reports to summarize current and projected financial position including healthcare providers' account reconciliations.
- Monitor and track the utilization of capital and operational expenditure against approved plans.
- Coordinate and monitor the NHIF's investment of surplus funds and implement effective strategies for managing working capital and expenditure programs:
- Manage the cash flow and funding for smooth operations.
- Risk Management skills to understand the source of risk, evaluate and their mitigation.
- Ability to assess and facilitate change
- Takes critical and methodical approach when problem solving
- Leads others. manages resources and delegates effectively
- Methodical approach to problem-solving.
- Business skills to understand business operations and ethical issues
- Strong interpersonal and communication
- Stakeholder management.
The ideal candidate should possess the following:
- A Bachelors with a Master's Degree in any of the following fields: Accounting. Business. Finance, or Economics from a recognized university:
- A CPA (K). or ACCA (UK). or CFA and a member in good standing of a professional body.
- Minimum twelve (12) years' relevant work experience. four (4) of which is in a managerial role.
- Experienced in leading through coaching. mentoring a team of staff with a deep understanding of business operations in healthcare sector
- Ability to create and manage strong relationships with both internal and external customers
We appreciate your application and advise that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted and invited for interview. Each application should be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae. copies of relevant academic and professional certificates. testimonials, national ID and other relevant supporting documents and submitted through firstname.lastname@example.org to The Chief Executive Officer by 16th September, 2020.
All applications should be clearly marked -Position Title and Reference Number on the subject line.
Applicants are required to obtain clearance from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority:
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission:
- Any of the Registered Credit Reference Bureaus: and
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Police Clearance certificate).