|Date Posted||May 10, 2021|
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources.
- Analyse internal strengths and weaknesses and external opportunities and threats (SWOT).
- Establish long-term departmental objectives and strategies to achieve these objectives
- Develop supporting action plans and key performance indicators (KPIs) to track progress
- Review and recommend improvement of IT and Operations plans and operations
- Provide guidance to IT and Operations Leadership in the development of strategies that are purpose driven, performance oriented and aligned to overall Equity strategic objectives.
- Monitor deployment of approved resources (such as capital, labor and equipment, including technology) and facilitating mechanisms (such as motivation and deployment of personnel, condition of management information and financial systems vis-à-vis strategic support), and reviews/refines strategies and implements corrective actions.
- Conduct research on market and industry trends and present findings to IT and Operations Leadership
- Identify threats to early stage initiatives, and develop and recommend strategies and tactics to overcome resistance to change and other behaviors that may impede successful implementation of initiatives
- Construct forecast and analytical models
- Prepare written materials such as business case scenarios, justifications, and analyses of routine technical issues
- Work with all stakeholders to ensure that IT and Operations processes are aligned to the Division’s strategic direction
Core Skills Required
- Analytical thinker – Comprehend and identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related, and identify key or underlying issues in complex situations
- Teamwork –Work closely with their colleagues to find solutions to business problems.
- Customer focus – put customer requirements in the forefront when tracking performance
- Concentration –Work on tasks for long periods of time.
- Creativity – Find solutions to problems and think outside the box to fix issues.
- Strong experience with data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Relationship building skills
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proven track record to work to strict deadlines
- Self-management and strong organisation skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
Key Critical Competencies
- A University degree in relevant technical field
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience as an effective Digital and Performance analyst
- Experience with manipulation of data for delivery and presentation to senior management
- Very good knowledge and presentation skills using MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and other relevant software (for the purpose of analysing data and producing reports to IT Leadership
- Experience in customer data and field visit experience to understand the day-to-day operations of the business.
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and communicate effectively with all levels of IT and Operations staff.
- Strong analytical skills and reasoning ability.