|Date Posted||April 20, 2021|
Equity Bank Limited (The “Bank”) is incorporated, registered under the Kenyan Companies Act Cap 486 and domiciled in Kenya. The address of the Bank’s registered office is 9th Floor, Equity Centre, P.O. Box 75104 – 00200 Nairobi. The Bank is licensed under the Kenya Banking Act (Chapter 488), and continues to offer retail banking, microfinance and related services. The Bank has subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda, South Sudan, Rwanda and Tanzania. Its shares are listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Equity Bank was founded as Equity Building Society (EBS) in October 1984 and was originally a provider of mortgage financing for the majority of customers who fell into the low income population. The society’s logo, a modest house with a brown roof, resonates with its target market and their determination to make small but steady gains toward a better life, seeking security and advancement of their dreams. The vast majority of Africans have historically been excluded from access to financial resources.
- Ensure each role in IT and Operations Department has a job description and accompanying key performance indicators
- Develop, document and track the accuracy and completeness of a catalogue consisting of all IT and Operations JDs and KPIs
- Ensure each job descriptions and key performance indicators are aligned to the department and the organizational strategic objectives
- Develop and implement mechanisms to track IT and Operations employee performance against their set JDs and KPIs
- Report on the status of IT and Operations JDs and KPIs
- Conduct surveys to measure employee morale and engagement; track the implementation of recommendations from the surveys with the assigned owners
- Assist Departmental Leads in developing justifications for additional resources within the department
- Liaise with the HR Department to initiate the employee acquisition process and track to closure
- Develop and implement strategies to increase employee engagements within the department
- Ensure the employee appraisal calendar for IT and Operations is implemented and strictly adhered to
Core Skills Required
- Relationship building skills
- Teamwork –Work closely with their colleagues to find solutions to business problems.
- Customer focus – put customer requirements in the forefront when tracking performance
- Concentration –Work on tasks for long periods of time.
- Creativity – Find solutions to problems and think outside the box to fix issues.
- Strong experience with data analysis
- Attention to detail
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Proven track record to work to strict deadlines
- Self-management and strong organisation skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
Key Critical Competencies
- A University degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience as an effective resource support lead
- Very good knowledge and presentation skills using MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and other relevant software (for the purpose of analysing data and producing reports to IT Leadership
- Experience in internal customer engagement activities
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and communicate effectively with all levels of IT and Operations staff.