|Date Posted||April 14, 2021|
The Kenya National Innovation Agency (KeNIA) is a State Corporation established under the Science, Technology and Innovation (STI) Act, No. 28 of 2013 under the Ministry of Education. The core mandate of the Agency is to develop and manage the National Innovation System. The Agency is therefore responsible for co-ordination, promotion and regulation of the National Innovation Ecosystem.
Requirements for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelors Degree; in Arts, or its equivalent from an approved Institution.
- Masters Degree; in Business Administration or its equivalent degree from an approved Institution.
- Professional qualification and membership to a professional body where applicable.
- A minimum period of fifteen (15) years work experience.
- At least ten (10) years relevant work experience in Senior Management.
- Leadership course lasting not less than four weeks.
- Proficiency in computer application.
- In compliance with Chapter 6 of the constitution, you will be required to present the following documents;
- A certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI).
- A certificate from a recognised Credit Reference Bureau.
- A clearance certificate from Higher Education Loans Board (HELB).
- A clearance certificate from Ethics & Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC).
- A Tax Compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA).
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:
- Developing strategies for partnerships and linkages for innovation programmes;
- To establish and maintain strategic (international and regional innovation; cooperation platforms;
- To nurture existing, partnerships and seek to establish new partnerships;
- To foster collaboration, partnerships and the sharing of information and expertise between institutions;
- Develop collaborative platform with other innovation agencies with the aim of domesticating other innovations developed elsewhere.
- To institutionalize linkages between universities, research institutions, the private sector, the government and other actors in that system.
- To create synergies among different technological innovations, incubations initiatives for diffusion of technology in Kenya.
The appointment is on a 3 years contract. Must be a Kenyan citizen.
Please Send your application letter and testimonials to
Closing Date : 26th April, 2021