|Date Posted||October 20, 2022|
Health Care / Medical
DENTAL ASSISTANT REF: TNH/HRD/DA/01/2022
Reporting to the Dental Officer, the successful candidates will be responsible providing administrative and clinical support to the Dental Officer in carrying out dental examinations and related procedures to the hospital’s patients in line with established protocols the hospital’s patient care objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepare patients for dental procedures.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments in line with infection control guidelines.
- Set up instrument trays, prepare materials and assist with dental procedures.
- Assist dentists in managing medical and dental emergencies as and when necessary.
- Assist dental hygienists with procedures as and when necessary.
- Record treatment information in patient records.
- Expose dental x–rays from dental diagnostics and ensure proper use of dental x–ray equipment.
- Provide postoperative instructions as directed by the dentist, dental hygiene, oral health care, and plaque control programs to patients.
- Collect and record medical and dental histories and patient vital signs.
- Form preliminary impressions for study casts and occlusal registrations for mounting study casts.
- Requisition dental supplies and maintain dental equipment inventory.
- Fabricate temporary restorations and custom impressions from preliminary impressions; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Dental Assistance from a recognized institution.
- Certificate in Dental x–ray.
- Must be registered as a Community Oral Health Officer in Kenya.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in dental assistance.
- Working knowledge of dental x–ray and hygiene.
- Ability to work with and trouble shoot dental equipment
- Basic life support skills
- Patient care skills
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- Planning and organising skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned .Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We shall ONLY accept ONLINE applications and contact SHORTLISTED candidates
The Nairobi Hospital does NOT charge recruitment fees.
Head of Human Resources
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100