|Date Posted||April 20, 2021|
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, DFS Business Strategy, the Customer Insights Analyst will be responsible for providing insightful hypothesis, actionable insights, guidance, analysis and support through data on the bank’s digital products’ performance, customer behavior and insights to enable the business to acquire, develop, and retain customers more profitably & effectively. The job holder will need to be a specialist in data collection, interrogation, analysis & presentation.
- Providing guidance, analysis and support through data and market insight on technology impacting financial services.
- Deliver real time insight into the marketplace and help focus our innovation and development process in the most relevant area.
- Work closely with research team to carry design and roll out research to check customer and market insights to support business case developments, products design and user journey workings.
- Participate in research design, analysis and the presentation of data to uncover unique actionable insights about behavior, technology & financial services.
- Define insightful hypotheses and identify methods to leverage KCB’s large internal data sets to validate hypotheses and enhance 3rd party research work with proprietary data.
- Data mining for customer segmentation, customer value analytics and promotion results.
- Monitor customer usage patterns/metrics of each product/feature to advise opportunities for new products, services or opportunities for new revenue lines & user experiences.
- Provide the Sales force/DSRs with data for proper targeting and qualification, cross and up-sell targeting.
- Daily/weekly/ monthly tracking for merchants & agents to DSRs, per branch for remedial actions.
- Customer churn reduction, customer loyalty identification.
- Pricing and Tariffs for Digital Products.
- Developing reports, presentations and marketing data to support the business.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University degree preferably in Business, Commerce. Information Technology, Statistics, Data Analysis or related field from a recognized institution.
- Master’s degree and professional qualifications will be added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience data analysis/ customer segmentation & insights or in a similar role.
- Commercially minded and experienced in interpreting data into meaningful information & actions.
- Ability to consider data from a real customer perspective.
- Passionate about & solid experience in analytics tools.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and results focused.