|Date Posted||September 21, 2021|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. With 165 member states, a further 8 states holding observer status and offices in over 100 countries, IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants. IOM works to help ensure the orderly and humane management of migration, to promote international cooperation on migration issues, to assist in the search for practical solutions to migration problems and to provide humanitarian assistance to migrants in need, including refugees and internally displaced people. The IOM Constitution recognizes the link between migration and economic, social and cultural development, as well as to the right of freedom of movement.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of the IOM Migration Health Assessment Center (MHAC) Nairobi and the direct supervision of the Senior Customer Care Assistant, the incumbent will be responsible for performing routine administrative functions such as switchboard operations, handling inquiries and providing refugee/immigrant assistance as required.
- Operate the switchboard, place/transfer and receive telephone calls.
- Provide accurate information and answer to telephone or walk-in queries from applicants regarding their schedules and directing them, as required.
- Screen and usher visitors and applicants.
- Consult with the Data Processing Assistants and Nurses in order to obtain the necessary information and to accurately provide information and answers to customer queries.
- Maintain confidentiality of health data and other personal information related to the migration health status of applicants.
- Issue migration health appointments to applicants in accordance with the schedule provided by the Data Processing Assistants.
- Ensure that reception area is well organized and presentable at all times.
- Record and distribute incoming and outgoing correspondence/phone calls.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Customer Care Assistant.
- All applicants must be between 20 and 36 years of age.
- Currently enrolled in the final academic year undertaking Course in Business Administration, Customer Relations or any related field, or Is currently enrolled in a graduate school programme (undertaking a degree or equivalent), or Can be a graduate of a university or related institution with a Degree in Business Administration or any related field.
- Pays attention to detail and meets deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality in performing responsibilities.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimum supervision.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word etc).
Fluency in English and Swahili