|Date Posted||November 20, 2023|
The genesis of Gulf African Bank (GAB) can be traced back to 2005, when a group of motivated Kenyans envisioned establishing an Islamic bank as an alternative to conventional banking in the country. By conducting business on the principles of Shari’ah, the bank would provide an ethical and fair mode of banking for all.
Reports To: Senior Manager, Credit Support
The role of Credit Support-Corporate Analyst is to support the business team members- Assistant Relationship Managers and Relationship managers (RM) in their respective teams / region, to manage a high-quality portfolio of Commercial banking clients in a manner that complies with the Bank’s policies. (In line with Shariah and other banks, regulators policies).
Credit facilities reviews, decisioning and portfolio management
A key part of the- Credit Support-Corporate Analyst role is to support the business team during the credit cycle. Specific responsibilities during the various stages of the credit cycle include:
Review of credit proposals
- Receive all the information and documentation required for a proposal from the Senior RMs and RMs to analyze for lending purposes.
- Assist Senior Relationship Managers and Relationship Managers review/confirm the submitted information and documentation through site visits and subsequent follow-up meetings/conversations—for adequacy, completeness, and compliance with all Bank requirements
- Prepare all the credit proposals and give recommendation and submit the same for review by RMs and team leader.
- Finalize the credit proposal by incorporating additional comments where necessary and recommendation and signing off prior to submission to credit.
- Respond to questions from the Credit department or Management Credit Committee for the submitted credit applications. RMs can assist the analyst by providing further information.
- Work closely with the business team members to ensure fulfillment of all con