|Date Posted||January 19, 2022|
The Country Security Advisor is responsible for the day-to-day management of the client’s security operations, programs, and personnel, based at the Kenya headquarters.
- Represent Pinkerton’s core values of integrity, vigilance, and excellence.
- Manage security-related operations while supporting and advising the client on strategic and tactical applications for the physical security of all personnel and the infrastructure.
- Manage operational security aspects for all Kenyan sites to ensure safe and secure working environments where employees can realize their full potential.
- Serve as a site security expert for local business partners.
- Act as liaison between the Global Security team and local personnel, in all areas of life safety and security.
- Meet with site leaders, local executives, and business unit heads to understand their objectives.
- Develop plans to mitigate risk exposure, improve employee safety, and ensure business unit success.
- Establish the Safety & Security staffing model and monitor all financial spending.
- Guide, assist, monitor, and counsel the security team.
- Ensure all Security Officers have clearly defined tasks and that development needs are addressed through training, development, or coaching.
- Manage the on-going quality production through effective leadership and direction.
- Ensure the standards of service delivery, reporting, and budgetary objectives meet or exceed expectations.
- Encourage a collaborative approach to meet organizational expectations.
- Provide internal and external customer support.
- Ensure all security operations are effective for the safety of the client’s personnel and their customers.
- Oversee and support all agents/vendors and ensure they consistently meet, or exceed, project contracts and deadlines. This should include visits to complete/review.
- Site security survey plans
- Security assessments
- Site specific risk/threat analysis
- Emergency response plans and associated documents
- Training awareness programs
- Provide operational support through the completion of risk/threat assessments and guidance during crisis management situations.
- Maintain a network of communication to support operational effectiveness.
- All other duties, as assigned.
Education, Experience, And Certifications
- Education Diploma or equivalent with at least five years of leading security teams within a large corporate environment.
- Experienced in leading a diverse team of security personnel.
- Able to make sound security decisions with minimum management oversight.
- Able to interpret and implement security operational procedures in support of business operations.
- Understanding of the security role within a corporate environment.
- Able to work in a matrix environment with local and remote access.
- Operational knowledge of guard force management, access control, and CCTV systems.
- Lenel security system experience, preferred.
- Able to evaluate complex issues, influence leaders, and create workable solutions vertically and horizontally.
- Able to inspire, motivate, and lead a complex organization.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Able to create programs that drive a positive brand impression and improve work experiences.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to respond efficiently to changing demands and circumstances.
- Maintain a constructive attitude in times of stress or in ambiguous situations.
- Able to work through conflicts of interests and establish effective solutions.
- Computer knowledge; Microsoft Office.
With or without reasonable accommodation, requires the physical and mental capacity to effectively perform all essential functions. In addition to other demands, the demands of the job include:
- Must undergo and meet company standards for background and reference checks, drug testing, and behavioral selection survey.
- Maintain composure in dealing with authorities, executives, clients, staff, and the public occasionally under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Exposure to sensitive and confidential information.
- Regular computer usage.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Must be able to see, hear, speak, and write clearly to communicate with employees and/or customers.
- Close and distance vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Standing, sitting, and/or walking.
- Travel, as needed.
Pinkerton is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal opportunity to all applicants for all positions without regard to race/ethnicity, color, national origin, ancestry, sex/gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, marital/prenatal status, pregnancy/childbirth or related conditions, religion, creed, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status or any protected status by local, state, federal or country-specific law.