|Date Posted||November 2, 2020|
The Corporation Secretary and Director Legal Services shall bet he secretary to the Board in the provision of Board’s Secretariat services and Legal services to the Commission. .
Functions of the Corporation Secretary and Director, Legal Services
The Office of the Corporation Secretary and Director Legal Services is responsible for following functions:
• Provide guidance to the Board on their duties and responsibilities and on matters of governance;
• Assist the Board in carrying out; Board induction and training, Updating the Board and Committee charters, Preparation of Board work plans, Board evaluation, Governance audit, Implementation of the code of conduct and Ethics;
• Ensure the timely preparation and circulation of Board and Committee papers;
• Ensure the timely circulation of Board and Committee minutes;
• Maintain and update the register of conflicts of interest;
• Ensure that Board members are aware of all relevant laws affecting the Commission;
• Facilitate effective communication between the Commission and the stakeholders;
• Ensure that annual returns are promptly filed with the relevant authorities.
• Coordinate litigations for the Board;
• Provide guidance on governance and adherence to statutory obligations;
• Prepare all contracts;
• Custodian of all contracts;
• Advise on the fixing of common seal;
• Provide legal guidance on contractual and statutory obligations binding to the Commission and legal duties for the Board;
• Custodian of Board’s asset register;
• Facilitate ratification of UNESCO conventions; and
• Any other duties as may be assigned.
All applications should be received on or before 25th November 2020.
KNATCOM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Youth and PWD’s are encouraged to apply.