|Date Posted||July 26, 2022|
- Formulate, develop and implement Communication Policies and strategies.
- Develop and implement KPC Public Relations strategy, taking into account the internal and external changes in the market and ensure that these are aligned with Corporate Strategic
- Plan and internal communications strategies.
- Develop operational plans and budget for effective implementation of PR programmes.
- Provide strategic PR advice to management and commission communication strategies.
- Recommend and implement informational and promotional strategies (campaigns) for Corporate and marketing purposes and design innovative PR and marketing promotional materials.
- Respond to all queries in respect of KPC from general public, media, special interest groups and other components of the firm’s stakeholder ecosystem. Ensure KPC leadership in managing issues pertinent to the industry is upheld and maintained.
- Manage the KPC brand through the promotion of a positive corporate image for the company;
- Manage and coordinate corporate activities and events.
- Implement and manage Corporate programmes and monitor their impact;
- Manage the website in liaison with the ICT department
- Carry out of final editing, review and provide support in design, production and distribution of newsletters, annual reports, speeches, publications, website contents, reports and outreach materials;
- Coordinate and implement media management strategies and manage media stakeholders.
- Manage complaints from various stakeholders and undertake customer service delivery surveys;
- Develop strategic communication campaigns targeted at employees to ensure understanding of KPC’s mandate;
- Identify potential issues and engage in proactive reputation management;
- Review and manage sponsorships and partnership projects in line with the KPC communication policy;
- Provide feedback mechanisms to our stakeholders both local and international;
- Degree in Social Science, Communication or Journalism
- A postgraduate Diploma in Mass Communication if the first degree is not in Journalism or Communication
- Minimum of ten (10) years post qualification relevant experience five (5) of which must have been at Senior Management level.
- Registration/membership with relevant professional body where applicable e.g. PRSK, MSK.
- Leadership Course lasting not less than two (2) weeks;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrated competence in work performance.
Key Skills and Competencies
- Good network and experience with the media
- Strong leadership skills including effective interpersonal, communication, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, Desk top Publishing.
- Ability to maintain professional status and keep abreast of evolving trends in Corporate Affairs through continued professional education.
- Ability to deliver the Company’s articulated Mission, Vision and Policies.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to observe diplomacy and etiquette.
- Ability to establish flexible teams to carry out tasks in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and innovation.
- Ability to empower staff through coaching and counselling by emphasizing accountability and results oriented management.