|Date Posted||October 16, 2022|
Terre des hommes is the leading Swiss child relief agency. We are committed to improving the lives of millions of the world’s most vulnerable children. Children are the first to suffer in times of war, natural disasters and as a result of poverty. At Terre des hommes, our goal is to steadily improve the conditions of the most vulnerable children worldwide. We are focused on five main objectives: Improving the health of infants up to the age of 3 and of children in need of specialised medical care, Protecting migrant children, Preventing child exploitation, Promoting restorative justice for children in conflict with the law, Providing humanitarian aid to children and their families in times of emergency and crisis. OUR PROGRAMMES AND PROJECTS REVOLVE AROUND :Children’s rights and their best interests. Creating a strong local presence in close proximity to children, their families and communities; Establishing close cooperation with local bodies based on respect ; Constant improvement and innovation; Enhancing heath and protection systems in the long term; Gaining recognition in Switzerland as a reliable organisation and source of financing
Objectives of the internship
The communication intern will provide support in the implementation of all the communication activities in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia and Madagascar with audiences that are both external (for organisational profiling) and internal (information and technical support needs of colleagues).
The communications intern will report and receive technical guidance from the Senior Regional Communications Officer in East Africa with whom (s)he will be working closely together.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Provide support in the implementation of communications plans for the East African region.
- Provide support in the implementation of communication activities to raise awareness of the new strategy to various audiences across the region.
- Develop monthly content calendars (with visuals and captions) for social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) to raise TdH NL’s visibility.
- Prepare monthly newsletters to showcase Terre des Hommes Netherlands’s work in countries and in the region.
- Maintain, update and improve the Terre des Hommes Netherlands website for East Africa, following the Terre des Hommes Netherlands communication planning for East Africa.
- Write and publish high-quality case stories to be used for internal and external communication purposes.
- Produce communication and profiling materials for the region, such as one-pager fact sheets, profiles, reports.
- Assist in supporting the country teams with their communication needs, such as reviewing Information, Education and Communication materials, reviewing stories/reports, videos, ensuring compliance to branding guidelines.
- Conduct media monitoring and coordinate with regional and country media contacts for publicity & visibility in various channels that include TV, radio & print.
- Conduct research on various topics and also develop monthly progress reports.
- Provide communication support to country teams during physical and virtual events
- Complete any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or multimedia.
- Experience in Social Media and web content management (including working with content management software).
- Experience in writing and editing various communication products for various audiences, knowledge of graphic design (experience with Canva or Adobe) and experience with various platforms (Google Analytics, Buffer, Meltwater, Google Ad words, Tweetdeck, Mailchimp).
- Computer literacy: well conversant with working in the Google Cloud and its applications (Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc), including basic skills in working with photo and video editing software.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, in fluent English.
- Good command of French will be an added asset.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and teamwork skills.
- Thorough and precise working style, with strong attention to detail.
- Dynamic, self-motivated and self-starting personality who can be proactive and take initiative.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of child protection issues in East Africa.
- Ability to plan and organise well, setting goals and achieving results in line with the goals set.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and respond flexibly to changing priorities.
- Ability to think ‘outside the box for creative communication solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor his/ her work.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email