|Date Posted||June 29, 2020|
Health Care / Medical
Oasis Healthcare Group Limited is a group of Specialist Doctors working and operating across the country since 2010 under group-based practice model. We currently have facilities in the following counties: Kisii, Nyamira, Migori, Homa Bay, Siaya, Uasin-Gishu, Kitui, Nairobi, Kakamega, Bungoma and Nakuru.
We are expanding and Oasis Healthcare is upgrading its services in Kakamega where we will be rolling out in patient, dental, renal, maternity, radiology center and oncology services.
We are looking to fill the following position with qualified and suitable individuals willing to join us. Job Title: Chief Nursing Officer (1 Position)
Responsible for planning, organizing and directing the overall operations of Nursing/Patient Care Services. Ensures compliance with patient care quality standards as it relates to the care provided to all age groups of patients ranging from neonate to geriatric. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in Continued Quality Improvement activities. .
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Promotes the mission, vision and values of the organization.
• Knows and practices the prescribed policies and standards of Nursing/Patient Care Services.
• Organizes, directs, and administers the Nursing/Patient Care Services in order to provide the level of care required by current medical and nursing standards.
• Plans and coordinates with the Financial Controller, Administrator and HR Officer, utilizing the respective Nursing Leadership members for planning the budgeting requirements for personnel, supplies, and equipment.
• Responsible for cost controls to insure maximum effectiveness of funds expended from the approved departmental budgets.
• Supports and develops Nursing/Patient Care Services in the coordination of the employee selection process, work assignments/duty allocations, performance appraisals, and staff development for these services.
• Maintains continuing quality assessment and improvement analysis and evaluation of patient care delivery and communicates with Administration on the activities/issues of Nursing/Patient Care Services.
• Plans and recommends to Administration new facilities or equipment, or modification thereto, needed to provide patient care.
• Recommends, supports, and participates in education services, programs of education, and training, including orientation of new employees. Encourages and facilitates the professional advancement of employees by affording opportunities for further education and experience.
• Recommends the modification, addition, or deletion of personnel policies to insure reasonable hours and acceptable working conditions to provide patient care coverage. Approves the nurses’ Rota as forwarded by floor managers.
• Initiates and participates in problem solving, policy forming conferences for Nursing/Patient Care Services. Maintains close coordination with all departments to ensure continuity and collaboration of services.
• Ensures that cordial professional relationships are maintained with patients, their families and friends.
• Interprets the goals of the Nursing/Patient Care Services areas to the community by maintaining harmonious and effective relationships with the education system, volunteer groups, agencies, and the community.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• At least BSc. Nursing degree; MSc. Nursing an added advantage
• 2 Years of relevant nursing management experience.
• Demonstrated intention to advance professionally.
• Flexibility, a high degree of organization and the ability to adapt quickly in a fast-paced rapidly changing environment.
• Strong work ethic and dedication
• Data analysis, communication, creativity, critical thinking and effective problem solving abilities.
• The ability to demonstrate leadership, managerial ability, good interpersonal relationships, and the application of sound administrative principles.
• Ability to determine appropriate course of action in more complex situations
• Licensed with the Nursing Council of Kenya
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your Application, CV, copies of your academic testimonials and other relevant documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title on the email Subject.
Courier and hand delivered applications can be dropped at Oasis Doctors Plaza Kakamega located along Muruli Road inIG SACCO PLAZA (Mwalimu Centre Building) Ground Floor behind HUDUMA Centre.
•We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
•Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.
•Indicate your salary expectation in your application.
•Applications to reach us before close of business 10th July 2020.
“Oasis Healthcare group is an equal opportunity employer”