|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Main Purpose of the Job
- The job holder is responsible for accomplishing the set goals within the Division with respect to Taxpayer Education Programmes
Key Performance areas
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Supervision of day-to-day operations of Taxpayer Education.
- Management of Taxpayer Education Section funds, property and affairs.
- Coordinate training of staff and stakeholders on new tax administration measures.
- Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Administration, organization and control of the staff of the Division.
- Maintain contracts for services/goods requiring the same in the Division.
- Strategic planning and leadership in attainment of the Taxpayer Education strategic goals and objectives.
- Chair the corporate Taxpayer Education Committee
- Preparation/Approval of proposals for all the Division’s activities.
- Respond to correspondences, approvals, comments or guidance on various activities on a day-to-day basis
- Develop/Implement Taxpayer Education programmes for learning institutions.
- Develop/Implement stakeholder and sector-based taxpayer education activities.
- Develop awareness strategies for KRA staff on tax policy, legislative changes and recent reforms undertaken by the Authority.
- Coordinate development and implementation of KRA Internal Standards and Taxpayers Charter.
- Ensure that all goods/services sourced by the section are procured in accordance with procurement regulations and that they meet in the required specifications.
- Develop and implement educational programmes for professional bodies & institutions.
- Respond to general tax queries from taxpayers and other stakeholders.
- Develop programmes to educate and keep taxpayers and stakeholders through mass and direct media.
- Develop and publish clear and explanatory materials to keep taxpayers up-to-date.
- Coordinate the annual taxpayers’ month activities and steer taxpayers’ week secretariat
- Sensitize taxpayers on their rights and obligations.
- Provide continuous feedback to revenue departments regarding recurring problems and recommended solutions.
- Development of budgets
- Implements approved budgets
- Prepares financial and budget reports
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Provides oversight for the physical assets in the department.
- Makes strategic, operational and financial decisions.
- Assign work to subordinates.
- Monitor subordinates work performance.
- Appraise/evaluate subordinates performance.
- Working Conditions:
- Works predominantly within the office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
Minimum Academic Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Business Management, Commerce Education, Marketing or Communication.
Membership to professional Association
- Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK)
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)
- Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK)
- Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK)
Minimum years of relevant experience.
- At least 7 years work experience with 5 years in a senior management role.
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer proficient
- Strategic management
- Excellent editorial skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Communication skills
- Team player
- Leadership skills
- Networking skills
- Work under pressure
- Demonstrated experience in driving education programmes to enhance adoption of products and services.
- Demonstrable ability to create- and deliver compelling, result oriented and engaging communication presentations that effectively change consumer behaviour and enhance business objectives
- Content Development – Well skilled with demonstrable experience and leadership proficiency in the development of communication materials or lead others in developing drafts of communication materials.
- Strong conceptual and research/analytical skills – Has the ability to think strategically and rapidly analyse and integrate diverse information from varied sources into conclusions and recommendations.
- Communication Strategy, Planning, and Execution – Has moderate experience in and/or demonstrates a working or functional proficiency level sufficient to lead the planning, development, and execution of a communication strategy
- Intuitive ability to lead and/or follow throughout the organization. A collaborative leader, with ability to work vertically and horizontally to deducted necessary information to drive brand communication
- Industry awareness- distils, interpret and/or circulate.
- Highly organized. Creative and critical thinker accompanied by an innate ability to find clarity in ambiguity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and capable of interacting with all levels of management.