|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
The role is responsible for overseeing business process re-engineering, programs, portfolio, change and projects management in the Department.
- Coordinate development and implementation of the departmental Transformation Agenda to ensure business continuity.
- Review of existing customs systems functionality performance, propose enhancements and fixes where appropriate.
- Provide technical support and oversight for project implementation at the departmental level.
- Liaison with the Corporate Change Management Function to facilitate uptake of and public participation in deployment of new systems.
- Custody of documentation and proper management of records related to transformation at the departmental level.
- Lead and coordinate innovation activities at the departmental level.
- Day-to-day operations, supervision, management of performance and development of staff in the Section
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the Section: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Development and management of the sectional work plan and budget.
- Drive initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the section
- A bachelor’s degree in a business-related field from a recognized institution.
- Post Graduate Diploma/Certificate in Customs Administration or equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years work experience in similar role with at least 5 years in management level.