|Date Posted||January 21, 2022|
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Chief Impact Officer Executive Assistant at any existing Save the Children International office location.
- To provide professional support service to the Chief Impact Officer (CIO) and light touch support to the PQI Senior Management Team (PQI SMT).
- To facilitate the CIO in carrying out their duties in the most efficient way.
- Adhoc support to the PQI SMT.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in an international environment
- Understands the need for confidentiality when dealing with sensitive information and correspondence
- Experienced in drafting well-written and professionally presented documents (including correspondence and minutes)
- Ability to conduct basic desk research to prepare for external engagement
- Support the production of powerpoint presentations, speeches, papers, etc.
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of dealing with complex diaries and international travel arrangements for multi-functional directors
- Strong planning/anticipation skills. Experience of planning and organising meetings and events, with attention to detail
- Experienced in developing and maintaining efficient filing systems
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English
- Evidenced ability to liaise and communicate effectively with a broad range of people at all levels, across different cultures and to act with credibility, discretion, tact and diplomacy
- Highly developed organisational skills with the ability to effectively prioritise and to work calmly when under pressure to achieve deadlines.
- Proven ability to adopt a pro-active approach to problem solving, to plan ahead and anticipate problems
- Good time management and coordination skills. Ability to plan ahead, devise and manage work plans, anticipate requirements, problems and obstacles, juggle priorities successfully, and work effectively and calmly under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to work effectively at senior level, gaining trust and confidence with stakeholders
- Personal planning, recruitment and team leadership skills
We can offer circa £35,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval but must be available to work UK hours, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.