|Date Posted||February 1, 2023|
Welcome to the South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU). The University is a fully fledged University and is the successor to the South Eastern University College (SEUCO) which was a Constituent College of the University of Nairobi. The University has undergone tremendous growth since inception in 2008. The current student population stands at around 6,000 students. We pride ourselves in having highly qualified teaching staff consisting of Professors and lecturers most of whom have a Ph. D and vast experience in both teaching and research. This ensures that our students are well equipped with knowledge in their areas of study that makes them stand out from the rest. Our focus is producing all round graduates able to contribute to the development of this country. The University is a premier institution of higher learning in the region offering various certificate, diploma and degree programmes. SEKU envisions becoming a World Class University with quality teaching, creative learning, innovative research and strong community outreach. I wish to take this opportunity to invite potential students to study at South Eastern Kenya University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintaining an updated inventory of consumables and non-consumables to ensure resources needed are well captured and accounted for.
- Ensuring that the laboratory equipment and reagents are maintained at good levels for the smooth learning throughout the year.
- Ensuring that the materials required in the laboratory requested at the right time through the senior technologist.
- Maintaining the laboratory equipment and records hence facilitating the training of the student attendance during practical sessions by the relevant lectures.
- Providing a conducive and safe working environment in the laboratory in conformity with the stipulated Occupational Health and Safety standards.
- Assisting in conducting practicals in relevant disciplines.
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Principal Technologist.
Requirements for appointment.
For appointment to this position the candidate must:
- Have Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences from a recognized and accredited institution.
- Have mastery of the concepts and principles of a specialist field, ability to manage other professionals or experts in this field.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor,
Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200,