|Date Posted||February 18, 2023|
Welcome to the South Eastern Kenya University (SEKU). The University is a fully fledged University and is the successor to the South Eastern University College (SEUCO) which was a Constituent College of the University of Nairobi. The University has undergone tremendous growth since inception in 2008. The current student population stands at around 6,000 students. We pride ourselves in having highly qualified teaching staff consisting of Professors and lecturers most of whom have a Ph. D and vast experience in both teaching and research. This ensures that our students are well equipped with knowledge in their areas of study that makes them stand out from the rest. Our focus is producing all round graduates able to contribute to the development of this country. The University is a premier institution of higher learning in the region offering various certificate, diploma and degree programmes. SEKU envisions becoming a World Class University with quality teaching, creative learning, innovative research and strong community outreach. I wish to take this opportunity to invite potential students to study at South Eastern Kenya University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with Senior Technologist to conduct practical sessions in order to equip the students with practical skills in relevant disciplines.
- Carrying out relevant training and development activities to adapt to new and changing trends in the various academic disciplines.
- Providing technical support to staff, postgraduate and undergraduate students when required in the laboratory area to achieve a concussive learning and training experience.
- Providing support services to academic research innovations and departmental income generation as a means of generating income for the Institution.
- Making requisitions for purchases in a timely manner to facilitate efficient operations for laboratory through availability of materials.
Requirements for appointment.
For appointment to this position the candidate must:
- Must possess a Masters Degree in Chemistry or related field from an accredited and recognized institution.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related field from an accredited and recognized institution with at least four (4) years working experience;
- Be a member of a relevant professional body.
- Have mastery of the concepts and principles of a specialist field, ability to manage other professionals or experts in this field.
- Be proficient in computer applications.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on Leadership and Integrity.
Submit your CV, copies of relevant documents and Application to:
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor,
Administration and Human Resource Management
South Eastern Kenya University
P.O. BOX 170-90200,