|Date Posted||January 27, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
- This role is responsible for overseeing administrative matters of the unit and managing all office procedures.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Prepare Department main Board and Committees reports for approval by the HOD to facilitate decision-making.
- Prepare and submit quarterly reports to ensure that we keep up with the corporate performance expectations
- Prepare regional work plan and coordinate preparation of regional performance monthly reports to gauge regional performance and hence facilitate in decision making.
- Prepare departmental performance contract and ensure cascading to divisions to ensure that staff have aligned their goals to the Corporate goal.
- Coordinate update of internal standards and operational manuals to ensure there is work process implemented.
- Day-to-day operations and supervision of staff in the unit
- Facilitate implementation of the work plans for the following corporate initiatives in the unit: Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management.
- Facilitate initiatives to improve ethics, culture and facilitate change management in the unit.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- A university degree from a recognized University in any Business-related field
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Tax Administration, Customs Law
Previous relevant work experience required.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ work experience in which one (1) year should be at Supervisory level in a similar role.
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Technological ability
- Detail oriented and analytical
- Data protection
- Good planning and organizational skills
- People management skills
- Good oral and written communication
- Tax business understanding