|Date Posted||October 7, 2021|
The Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA) was established by an Act of Parliament, Chapter 469 of the laws of Kenya , which became effective on 1st July 1995 . The Authority is charged with the responsibility of collecting revenue on behalf of the Government of Kenya. A Board of Directors, consisting of both public and private sector experts, makes policy decisions to be implemented by KRA Management. The Chairman of the Board is appointed by the President of the Republic of Kenya . The Chief Executive of the Authority is the Commissioner General who is appointed by the Minister for Finance. PURPOSE OF KRA Assessment , Collection, Administration and Enforcement of laws relating to revenue.
Responsible for (Purpose of the job).
Responsible for supervision of the provision of records management service to the Department.
Tasks and outputs:
- Make proposals on the Section’s work plan and budgets.
- Develop the Section’s Performance Contract and Work Plan.
- Implement policies and strategies for the Records Management Section.
- Preparation of the Registry Reports.
- Supervise the maintenance of an upto date database/register of records and files held in the Department.
- Preparation of team reports and any ad hoc reports at the request of the manager.
- Any other duty as allocated by the Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Science (Records Management).
- Computer literate.
- Membership to a professional body.
- Management courses.
Minimum years of experience
4 years post qualification relevant working experience, 1 year of which should be in Supervisory level in a comparable organization.
Competencies required for this role
- Strong administrative and managerial skills
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities
- Excellent planning , organizational and analytical skills
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and dedicated team player.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships