|Date Posted||May 11, 2021|
Education / Teaching
Applicant must possess a Master’s Degree in Library and Information Studies with six (6) years working experience three (3) of which as Assistant Librarian Scale 11 or its equivalent OR Bachelor’s Degree Library and Information Studies with twelve (12) years working experience three (3) of which as Assistant Librarian Scale 11 or its equivalent. In addition, applicants must;
- Be registered with relevant professional body and be ICT competent.
- Have ability to identify suitable hardware and software for the library system
- Have skills in network administration and website authoring tools such as HTML, Apache, MySQL, Perl and Linux
- Have the ability to administer the Library Management System (KOHA) and ensure the integration and accessibility of all Library e-resources
- Experience in developing and /or managing an institutional repository system
- Familiarity with emergence of intuitional repositories, including issues, policies, service models, and strategies securing appropriate content
- Demonstrated experience with current digital collection architectures and platforms such as Dspace, Greenstone, Digital Commons and/or other repository tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of digitization standards and techniques
- Demonstrated knowledge of digital content and metadata standards, such as PREMIS, IMS and Dublin Core.
- Knowledge of scholarly communication issues, Open Access initiatives, intellectual property and copyright issues, and new forms of publication and research/creative activities.