|Date Posted||April 17, 2023|
Twiga is a B2B e-commerce company that builds fair and reliable markets for agricultural producers, food manufacturers and retailers based on transparency and efficiency. Our Mission is to build a closed ecosystem for the African retail, anchored on affordable access to food and grocery across urban cities. Our Ambition is to everage technology, the ubiquity of mobile phones, modern distribution and logistics to modernize African retail.
Accounts Payables Vacancy
We are looking for an experienced Payables Accountant for who will be responsible for organizing all the payables transactions of the business in a manner that facilitates efficient, timely and accurate measurement, classification, recording, and payment processing for purpose of meeting all company payment obligations.
The role holder will also be responsible for ensuring accurate and timely payments of all company obligations to suppliers, debt partners, government and compliance bodies, Kenya Revenue Authority, and staff as per the set-out service levels, credit terms / limits and statutory deadlines and as well to manage the relationships with all our creditors.
Execution of Procure-to-Pay process:
- On a continuous basis ensure that all supplier invoices and credit notes forwarded for reconciliation have been posted into appropriate supplier ledgers and general ledger accounts on the ERP and against correct cost centres.
- Perform all accounts payables reconciliation against supplier statements, highlighting any reconciling items for follow up and resolution by Payables Assistant.
- Confirm that all the invoices received have the sufficient approvals to for payments, according to the Delegation of Authority matrix and that any variances to budgets are approved before any payments are made.
- Verify that payments are always done on a set schedule and in alignment to monthly cash forecast.
- Confirm that suppliers of fresh produce are paid according to sourcing schedule and applicable deductions made.
- Confirm that all relevant Tax Returns are prepared in a timely and accurate manner (i.e., VAT, Withholding VAT, Withholding Tax, PAYE, Reverse VAT etc.) including all other relevant compulsory statutory payments e.g., NSSF, NHIF etc.) as per the required timelines.
- Verify that suppliers of fresh produce are paid according to sourcing schedule and applicable deductions are made.
Stakeholder Relations Management:
- Maintain continuous communication with internal and external stakeholder with prompt turn-around to queries.
- Support the monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting process with specific emphasis on assigned reports and audit schedules such as aged supplier ledger.
Document Management and Stock Verification:
- Exercise tight control over source and payment documents and oversee the safe and orderly archiving of all payment and payment related documents for the time required to meet audit, legal and tax queries.
- Participate in the physical stock taking exercise in conjunction with the wider accounting team monthly.
- Participate in the business wide crate/pallet physical verification exercise and recommending write-offs losses on a quarterly basis.
Minimum Qualifications And Experience
- Have at least 3 years working experience in a busy accounting environment (with considerable exposure to high volume of transactions and technical accounting environments such as Audit or Tax).
- Have prior experience working with an ERP/Substantial accounting software.
- Have a university degree in Business, Economics, or relevant field.
- Be a qualified Accountant (CPA-K), ACCA or CIPS equivalent.
- Have a good working knowledge of MS Excel skills and a strong ability in using other MS Office applications.