|Date Posted||April 8, 2023|
TRANSPARENCY WE ARE OPEN ABOUT THE ACTIVITIES WE UNDERTAKE, THE FUNDING WE RECEIVE AND THE PEOPLE IT HELPS. OUR INFORMATION IS ACCESSIBLE AND AVAILABLE TO RELEVANT STAKEHOLDERS. ACCOUNTABILITY WE ARE OBLIGATED TO ACCOUNT FOR EVERY ACTIVITY THAT WE DO, AND ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEM AND DISCLOSETHE RESULTS IN A TRANSPARENT MANNER. We are a voluntary non-profit and non-political organization registered in Kenya. YSAR works towards organizing a strong rural and self-reliant community through youth empowerment and capacity building initiatives. The project development objectives of YSAR is to increase employment and earning opportunities among targeted young people across Kenya. The project aims to reach over 200,000 youth during the project period
- Prepare the NGOs budget according to the program requirements and staffing numbers,
- Manage the various general funds, the operating funds, and the discretionary spending accounts to budget (meaning no exceeding expenditures above budgetary amounts).
- Keep enough funds available to pay bills and salaries of employees, vendors, and anticipate budgetary needs in the event of unforeseen challenges, environmental crises, and financial problems.
- Prepare the balance sheet, profit and loss statement (income statements), cash flow statements, and statements of owner’s equity.
- Analyze revenue and or receipts from donations.
- Resolve accounting discrepancies.
- Maintain cash receipts, vendor invoices, bank statements and other records of accounts as archives.
- Obtain the requisite skills of computer software and manual filing systems.
- Monitor financial reports against funds available with accuracy and detail.
- Submit timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close reports in the expected manner as per the deadlines and rules of the Nation, Government, State and District bodies.
- Coordinate with the internal and external auditors during audits and prepare financial audit preparation.
- Mentor, coach and develop the intellectual capacity of local staff regarding financial management.
- Analysis to find ways to minimize costs, maximize value and improve client/customer satisfaction, volunteer/employee productivity and morale.
- Demonstrate the benefits of transparent reports.
- Lead and/or assist key stakeholders and board of directors with seeking sources for fund-raising, assisting partners and donors with assessment of and effective utilization of funds.
- Report to board of directors and members of the finance committee.
- Reviewing and scrutinize the expenses while conducting a cost/benefit.
- Adherence to YSAR values, which are: Optimistic, Engaging, Determined and knowledgeable.
Submit your CV and Application letter to email@example.com
Use the title of the position as the subject of the email