|Date Posted||September 19, 2022|
Gross Salary: Ksh 60,000-70,000,
Our client is a financial institution in Kenya incorporated with the aim of offering timely financial solutions to businesses and individuals. They seek to hire an Accountant who will provide support to the Finance department by managing daily accounting tasks. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses; Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Ensure that records comply with laws and regulations.
- Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns, ensure prompt payment
- Timely posting and processing journal entries to ensure all business transactions are up to date
- Provide direction during stock take so as to ensure proper revenue reporting
- Ensure all statutory details are accurate and paid on time
- Ensure adequate cash flow to enhance effective operation
- Updating accounts receivable and issue invoices and allocate payments promptly
- Updating accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines.
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases promptly to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Assist in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Petty Cash Issuance and control and reconciliations
- Budget monitoring
- Monthly stock takes and reconciliation of Variances and follow up with relevant team for variance explanation and clearance
- Daily confirmation of the production report posting into sage
- Undertake all other role or assignment given by management.
- Debt collection.
- Perform timely Bank and Till reconciliation and follow up to clear any outstanding amounts
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or accounts accountancy or related field.
- Minimum 3 years of experience, preferably in a banking/microfinance would be desirable
- CPA (K) and or ACCA is required
- Member of a professional body e.g. CPA (K), ISACA and ICPAK will be an added advantage.
- Should be hands-on with QuickBooks, Sage & iTax.
- Goal-oriented and has a deep knowledge of accounting and reporting standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required.
- Should be familiar with costings, taxation, and costs analysis.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, interpersonal skills, problem-solving skills, and a strong team player.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational skills, and ability to effectively prioritize work.
- Critical, analytical, and creative thinking to identify and solve problems.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team and have a strong understanding of the theoretical and practical components of the position apart from just being familiar with performing assigned tasks.
- Highly organised with proven ability to prioritize and keep tab of all aspects of the job.
- Must be time conscious and have a sense of urgency and meet monthly cut-off deadlines.
- Must be able to work across functions, have the drive and energy to drive excellence and continuous
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Accountant-Mombasa) to email@example.com