|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
Job title: 5 Registered Clinical Officer
Examining, diagnosing and treating patients' common ailments at an outpatient or inpatient health facility
• Minimum Qualification: Diploma
• Experience Level: Mid level
• Experience Length: 2 years
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Declaration of Vacancies in the Kitui County Public Service Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”.
Section 45(1)(a) of the County Governments Act, 2012 further mandates the CPSB to competitively source and recommend qualified and experienced persons for nomination and appointment as County Chief Officers by the Governor.
Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions outlined below:
REGISTERED CLINICAL OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 11’ (H) FIVE (5) POSTS
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Requirements for appointment
i. Be a Kenyan Citizen;
ii. Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution;
iii. Certificate of Registration from the Clinical Officers' Council; and
iv. Certificate in Computer Application Skills from a recognized institution.Duties and
• Taking patients’ history;
• Examining, diagnosing and treating patients' common ailments at an outpatient or inpatient health facility;
• Implementing Community Health Care activities in liaison with other health workers;
• Guiding and counseling patients’ clients and staff on health issues;
• Sensitizing patients and clients on preventive and promotive health;
• Carrying out minor surgical procedures as per training and skill; and
• Collecting and compiling clinical data; and referring patients and clients to appropriate health facilities.
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree