|Date Posted||July 31, 2021|
Health Care / Medical
Job title: 15 Registered Nurse III
Providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood illness (IMCI)
• Minimum Qualification: Diploma
• Experience Level: Mid level
• Experience Length: 2 years
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
Declaration of Vacancies in the Kitui County Public Service Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”.
Section 45(1)(a) of the County Governments Act, 2012 further mandates the CPSB to competitively source and recommend qualified and experienced persons for nomination and appointment as County Chief Officers by the Governor.
Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions outlined below:
REGISTERED NURSE III, JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 11’ (H) FIFTEEN (15) POSTS
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
Requirements for appointment
i. Be a Kenyan Citizen;
ii. Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community, Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/ Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution;
iii. Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya;
iv. Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya; and
v. Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Providing appropriate healthcare service including Integrated Management of Childhood illness (IMCI);
• Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT);
• Ante-natal care and delivery;
• Providing health education and counselling to patients/clients and community on identified health needs;
• Referring patients and clients appropriately;
• Facilitating patients’ admission and initiating discharge plans;
• Maintaining records on patient’s/client’s health condition and care;
• Ensuring a tidy and safe clinical environment; and
• Collecting and compiling patient data.
Salary Scale: The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Applicants for Chief Officers’ position should indicate the County Department of interest.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200,
Important information to all applicants
• Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before WEDNESDAY, 4th AUGUST, 2021;
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
• Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
a) Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
b) Higher Education Loans Board
c) Kenya Revenue Authority
d) Credit Reference Bureau
e) Directorate of Criminal Investigation
The County Government of Kitui is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge commission for its recruitment services. Qualified Women, persons living with disability and those from minority and Marginalised groups are encouraged to apply.